I don’t put too much pressure on myself when it comes to New Year’s resolutions but I do think it’s important to set some goals for myself each year. As I look back on 2016, I realize how many blessings actually occurred in my life. If you haven’t done this yet, I encourage you to write down at least 5 blessings you can think of off the top of your head. It really puts things in perspective and helps set the tone for the rest of the day – even the next few days. It’s important to keep yourself accountable to not just tangible goals but to mental ones, too. That’s why I’ve decided that one of my goals for the new year will be to fill my head with scripture instead of Facebook.
One of the ways I plan on doing this is to read the Bible in its entirety. Yep. I’m going for it. One of my friends, knowing I wanted to do this in the new year, has lent me a chronological Bible. How did I not know the Bible wasn’t already in chronological order? Did you? I guess that’s a good place for me to start!
A few other goals for 2017:
- Continue training for my first half and actually run my first half which is in April.
- Schedule myself at least one speaking event each month (for a total of 12).
- Sell 100 more books.
- Get control of my sweets intake. (It’s bad).
- See my family in Massachusetts.
- This is a big one (that goes in this spot right here) but I’m not ready to share it yet. I will do a proper announcement when the time is right. Just know that it’s big – something unexpected – something God had planned way before I ever caught wind of it but something I am due diligently working at 100% right now. And NO – I am not pregnant. But, I am looking forward to sharing this great, big news with you when I’m ready.
PS – I am always looking for places, venues, meetings to speak at. If you know someone or are in a group right now that you know I would be a good fit for – please contact me. You can find a list of my specialties under my events tab.